- Let's talk knitting now, because that's all I've had on my mind lately. I think my short fling with sewing (not saying that I'm stopping) put my knitting back in perspective. I just love the way my needles feel in my hands clicking away! I watched and very much enjoyed this blog post that KnittedBliss posted recently and it made me love my knitting even more. It's an hour long though, so bring your knitting along!
- Have you seen the new Rhinebeck Sweater collection? Ysolda's Pumpkin Ale is amazing! And, Gudrun's Pippin is pretty great too!
- Loving this shawl pattern.
- I'm thinking this fair isle free hat pattern from Shibui is really cute and might be a great project to keep practicing my stranded colorwork on. There's also a matching pullover that I'm sure I would not pair with the hat at the same time, but looks just as nice and fun to knit.
- Pretty neat looking shawl that's not available for purchase yet! Am I the only one that dislikes patterns that are posted before they are ready to be purchased? I understand when it's done for pre-ordering circumstances, but when it's a single pattern that hasn't finished going through testing yet... boo. It just makes me antsy and I actually tend to forget the pattern as time goes along. I like to go back and check out other peoples' projects and notes to decide whether I would like to knit the pattern myself and if I can't do that in the first couple of weeks, I eventually lose interest or find another new pattern I can follow. Am I being dramatic here? Or, do you have the same thing happen to you?
- I'll wrap this up on a good note though. I am really excited about this new digitally available pattern book! It's inspired by parts around my neck of the woods. Plus, it has some of my most favorite designers: Judy Marples, tincanknits, Jane Richmond, and Melissa Thomson.
Til next time, happy knitting!